At W.A. Klinger, we believe the quality of our work, the integrity of our work force, and the diversity of our services keeps us busy. Below is a list of projects we’ve recently started and a list of projects well into their construction schedules. All listed projects are on schedule and on-budget.
New Project Starts
Bishop Heelan High School — Sioux City, IA
- Phase I will be is approximately 42,000 SF fine arts complex. This will contain a 700-seat performing arts auditorium, a chapel, commons, kitchen, mechanical room and classrooms for art, band, choral and drama. Plus parking.
- Phase II consists of a 2-story 96,000 square foot school building with approximately 25 classrooms, a 2,000-seat gymnasium and offices for administration, business, counseling/guidance, nurse and media center.
- The new school will be handicapped accessible, energy efficient and have central air conditioning. It will also be wired for technology.
- Phase III include completion of a parking lot and various improvements to Memorial Field, including the addition of a baseball field.
- Phase IV will be demolition of the present building and will be the final phase of construction.
TEC Corporation — Sioux City, IA
- Renovation of a historic 63,000-square-foot 3 story building
- New offices for Thompson Electric Company and Electric Innovations to consolidate services and provide for future growth. (Thompson Electric offices have been in current location for 75 years.)
- A brick building that was used primarily as a warehouse in the past that is being repurposed for offices.
- New interior will designed with an open office concept including with exposed ceilings along with other cleaned and exposed original surfaces, new roof and windows, and energy efficient systems and fixtures.
Projects In Progress
Briar Cliff University — Sioux City, IA
- Heelan Hall classroom addition and remodel
- Approx. 25,000 SF new & 98,000 SF remodel
- New building to feature a 4-story atrium with open theater seating for large groups and community functions.
- The new building will also feature a 3-story classroom addition.
Gerkin Windows & Doors — South Sioux City, NE
- A new 30,000-square-foot plant that will allow the company to boost its production of thermal glass.
- The structure will be built across the street from Gerkin Windows and Doors' existing 170,000-square-foot plant in South Sioux City, which was also built by W.A. Klinger.
- The new structure will have space for a second automated glass line as demand warrants down the road
Holy Spirit Retirement Home — Sioux City, IA
- 30-bed, 2 story skilled nursing addition
- Comprises over 20,000 square feet of additional care space, along with a new landscaped rooftop courtyard.
Orange City Area Health System Nursing Home — Orange City, IA
- 81,000 SF, 1-story structure
- 83-bed “cottage” style living facility
- Designed to be a place that feels like home, with a main street, cafe, chapel, beauty salon. The ‘cottages’ that extend off the ‘village’ will feature homey rooms each with their own bathroom.
- Will include a secure dementia unit
St. Luke's Sunnybrook Plaza — Sioux City, IA
- 86,000 SF, 2-story medical office building
- A modern structure with an open atrium-style entrance.
- This new venture offers St. Luke’s the opportunity to expand its outpatient services while providing valuable health care services in an underserved area of the city.