If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a proven team of professionals, we invite you to contact us today. We continually update our open positions below and welcome the opportunity to talk with talented individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently hiring for the following:
As a Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop, manage, and run your own project from start to finish. You will be connected to all facets of the construction project in regards to customers, vendors, contractors, and employees. Hands-on experience and travel to the jobsites is expected throughout the project.
Based on the needs of our customers, we operate in a wide range of professional services as a Design-Builder, Construction Manager, or self-performing General Contractor. Our core chosen markets are industrial, commercial, healthcare, civic, and education. W. A. Klinger encourages a culture of innovation and continual self-improvement.
W.A. Klinger has built their reputation on proven performance, honesty, and integrity. Over our rich 100 year history, we have consistently been a recognized leader in the construction industry in the Midwest and across the country. We are one of four companies that comprise Klinger Companies, Inc., which is consistently listed amongst the top construction firms in the United States, as ranked by Engineering News Record. We offer the strength and diversity of an ENR Top 400 company where everyone in the company knows you by name. To us, you are not just another employee--you are part of our family.
- Initial placement will be as an on-site field engineer on a $35M school project.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between clients, architects, engineers, superintendents and other construction specialists.
- Researching new products, equipment, methods, procedures, vendors, etc.
- Define a project’s scope of work, budget and schedules.
- Estimating, scheduling, planning and managing all aspects of construction projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Construction take offs and estimates.
- Create and manage subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Engineering or relevant field.
- Familiarity with construction/project management software.
- Attention to details and ability to prioritize critical tasks.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Be a self-starter and be highly motivated for success.
- Have the desire and ability to learn new tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- Past experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Past experience as a Project Engineer or Project Manager is preferred.
- Comprehensive life, health, dental, and disability insurance program
- Bonus potential
- Paid vacation time
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Safety & Wellness incentive program
Contact us to inquire about the Project Engineer position.
W. A. Klinger, L.L.C., is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. W. A. Klinger, L.L.C., prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is required for all positions in our company.